Help with Windows Update Errors

A

Andrea Seepersaud

My system (HP Pavilion 64-bit Windows Vista) has been trying to download and install four important updates and failing. Previously, my updates were all smooth. The two error codes I am getting are as follows:

a.. Code 8007065B Windows Update encountered an unknown error

b.. Code 80070664 Windows Update encountered an unknown error

Here are the four updates that have failed to install despite repeated efforts.

a.. Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB981715)

b.. Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312)

c.. Security Update for Microsoft Word 2007 (KB982135)

d.. Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982331)

I have tried disabling the McAfee Anti-Virus doing a full-system anti-virus scan running chkdsk defragging the system and doing all the things that the books and web sites suggest. My system checks out clean and efficient. I cannot figure out why these updates are failing. I need some help from within the community on why these updates will not install. Thanks.

S

Shenan Stanley

Tried uninstalling the Microsft Office 2007 products you have installed, reboot, cleanly installing them again and then updating them as needed with the media in the CD/DVD drive while you do it?

--

Shenan Stanley

MS-MVP

--

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

"Andrea Seepersaud" wrote in message news:DB2F4C93-1178-4C8E-8464-82ADF5F23333@microsoft.com...

My system (HP Pavilion 64-bit Windows Vista) has been trying to download and install four important updates and failing. Previously, my updates were all smooth. The two error codes I am getting are as follows:

a.. Code 8007065B Windows Update encountered an unknown error

b.. Code 80070664 Windows Update encountered an unknown error

Here are the four updates that have failed to install despite repeated efforts.

a.. Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB981715)

b.. Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312)

c.. Security Update for Microsoft Word 2007 (KB982135)

d.. Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982331)

I have tried disabling the McAfee Anti-Virus doing a full-system anti-virus scan running chkdsk defragging the system and doing all the things that the books and web sites suggest. My system checks out clean and efficient. I cannot figure out why these updates are failing. I need some help from within the community on why these updates will not install. Thanks.