Kiosk mode with a backdoor

B

BG_CSD

I have been tasked with a job that is outside of my skill set. Learning on the fly. Please be patient with me.
I have hundreds of XP machines that will be brought into the AD.
They will all use a single logon account.
I need for them to logon automatically, then without a desktop displayed, launch a custom program. No other options and nothing to be able to click on.
While in the custom program there is only two ways to exit. 1. Shutdown the program and the computer shuts down. 2. Super secret password to allow you to get to a windows desktop. Unfortunately, some of these machines will be used for more than Kiosk learning stations.
I really do not want the start button to be seen except in option 2.
Group Policy settings get me the autologon, allowed me to take away the CTR-Alt-Del screen options. I found Use Custom Interface and created a .vbs file. If I could enter into a custom shell, one without "desktop functionallity" run my program but when the program was to exit, the shell would then go off leaving me with a regular windows shell.
I found this script but I do not think it does what I think it should do. Of course, I am outside of my skill set here. Again, I am looking to combine my GPO to enable auto logon and then a custom interface where a shell is created and then my custom program cmi.exe is executed. The user should not be allowed any access to the machine until you use the super secret password on the custom app you can then shut it down which should drop the shell and return you to explorer.exe and you can have full access to the machine as granted by Active Directory and standard GPOs.
strComputer ="."
Set objwMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\rootcimv2:win32_Process")
errResult = objwMIService.Create("C:\CMI\CMI.exe", "C:\CMI\", null, intPosID)
Set objwMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcesses = objwMIService.ExecNotificationQuery _
("Select * From_InstanceDeletionsEvent " _
&"Within 1 Where TargetInstance ISA 'win32_Process'")
Do Until False = True
Set objProcess = colProcesses.NextEvent
If objProcess.TargetInstance.ProcessID = intPosID Then
Exit Do
End If
Loop

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom