Problems with new accounts in Windows 10

J

joeedgell

Hi,

I purchased a new laptop this week. Setup went smoothly.

Once I was set up, I installed a version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 that I received through my work and the Microsoft Home Use Program. I then added a new family member account for my wife, which also seemed to go smoothly at the time and she clicked on the confirmation in the automated email.

However, we are now experiencing the following problems:

1. When we try to log in to her account, it is slow loading and eventually goes to a completely black screen. Nothing at all is visible. We have to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete to log out and switch user. My account seems to work fine.
  2. We have tried to log in to my wife's account dozens of times now. On one occasion it did log in, but it bizarrely showed hew desktop from her old laptop, including what appeared to be the old version of Windows and old version of Microsoft Office! Also, there is no Start menu button visible so she can't use anything.
  3. When logged into my account, email seems to have linked both of our email accounts so both are visible. We were expecting these to be separate and private (i.e we could only access them via our own separate accounts in Windows.

Can anyone help explain how we can fix the problem with my wife's account so that it a) works; and b) operates on Windows 10 with the new version of Office? We went in to settings, removed her account and then tried setting it up again, but we still have the same issue.

Also, does anyone know how we un-link the email accounts so that we can each only view our own emails when signed in to our separate accounts?

Many thanks,

Joe.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom