2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093105) Reversed C: OS SSD and F:HDD after restart

P

phnxpete

Sunday April 29th the updated version of 2018 installed itself to my system without approval.

When the system restarted I was having issues with shortcuts, lost my mail and had a slightly different log in screen.

I have a 500GB SSD as my C:OS Drive it replaced my initial 2TB HDD which became storage.

The SSD was a clean install and have had no problems.

After the update I heard the HDD spinning and checked to find it had taken over as my C: OS Drive now (HDD)

My SSD was now a local disk Drive F: and not my OS drive. I've never seen or heard of this.

Called MS and they tried to access my OC remotely. this was unsuccessful, errors failed to create applet .

No Malware, Virus or other issues showed up before or after the update. I ran Sophos, CCleaner, Malwarebyte, Microsoft Security and ADW.

Is anyone heard or have familiarity with this kind of problem. My HDD is in control and my SSD is my OS Drive but now delegated as storage.

Usually I am asked when and if I want to install Windows updates it is a flawed system. I had left the room and the cumulative update just installed itself.

I know this is contrary to the major issue of problems with installation

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom