How can I change username in the e-mail account settings in Windows 10

P

PeterM_68

Recently the username for my e-mail account (let's say it is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) changed from the format "myname%mydomain.com" to "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". Because one of the credentials (username/password) changed, when the Windows Mail now tries to pull the messages from the mail server using the old credentials, the login fails, and it receives an error. When I try to use the e-mail/calendar account manager in Settings, it allows me to change the password but not the username - that is greyed out and cannot be edited. I cannot afford to delete the old account and create a new one because I would loose all of my old e-mail messages currently stored in it under the old account, but not on the mail server anymore. I have two questions:

1) how can I change username credentials in my existing e-mail account settings?

2) what can be the reason that Microsoft does not want me to do it?

I found a number of postings dealing with the same problem (e.g. How can I change username in Windows Mail) but no answers. This should have nothing to do with my Windows Account.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom