Microsoft Narrator compatibility with AOL

E

erpmom

I am helping a legally blind individual who has in the past found Narrator helpful for reading her emails. However, about 6 months to a year ago, after an update to Windows, her AOL began malfunctioning. If she began typing in the body of the email and let word-wrap happen - just one continuous paragraph, she was fine, but if she hit the Enter key to start a new paragraph or line, after typing the first word, the cursor would jump randomly back to the beginning of the line or somewhere within that line and insert her typed text in the middle of one or more words. She does not type fast, but even when I tried this with fast typing, it did the same thing.

We naturally turned to Microsoft to address with them. They "took over" her computer and did a variety of diagnostics and updates and tweaked settings. Following the first session with them, she said the problem began to happen again after she had turned her compute off and then back on again. We called again, and they once more "took over" her computer. They went to a third level of technical support personnel, and each one tried something different, but it didn't rectify the situation. Finally we were able to get it to work. But when they checked back with her a couple of days later, she reported it had begun to happen again. They tried a third time to fix the problem.

She said it is still giving her issues, so I am wondering if it's something with an incompatibility between AOL and Microsoft Narrator. Possibly someone could give me an assessment so this poor woman can write normal emails as everyone else does.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom