Mouse freezes every few minutes in Windows 10 (possible driver issue)

• Thread starter FinleyGilchrist
  • Start date
F

FinleyGilchrist

So my mouse (a Roccat Kone Pure Military)

has been acting up for the past few months. Every few minutes it will freeze and then reconnect. Sometimes while doing so it will make the Microsoft connecting noise and reset my mouses settings to its defaults. I've tried booting into safe mode which seemed to stop it from freezing. I have tried disabling and uninstalling Realtek HD Audio Manager (I'd heard it interfered with some mice in Windows 10), updating all my graphics card and mouse drivers, rolling back the mouse drivers to those from before when I started having the problem, changing the USB slot, running it on the default windows mouse

drivers, reinstalling windows etc... It seems to be worse when it's in heavy use i.e. when gaming. I have included an image of an error message I found after I experienced the issue suggesting it was a driver error. I also have included an image showing the mouse drivers that my computer was using. I was concerned that it only seems to list the default windows driver at this point and not the drivers I have installed from Roccat, and I was wondering if this is standard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom