2018-04 Windows Update (KB4093112) keeps re-installing

A

AdamPallotto

I know there are several threads on the forum discussing problems with this update, but none of those problems are exactly like mine and/or none of the solutions they offer have fixed my problem.

The following update downloaded and installed on my computer last month:

Windows update 2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112)

I was prompted to re-start my computer. After I did that I got a message from Windows saying this same exact update is available. In other words, Windows did not recognize that this update was already installed. Every night Windows Update automatically downloads this same update and re-starts my computer. In fact, it sometimes tries multiple times per day. In total, this update has been installed 96 times on my computer.

I am not getting an error message. All I get is a prompt that "updates are available" or a prompt to re-start my computer. I wish I was getting an error message because that would help me identify the fault.

I tried running the Windows Update repair tool. It suggested I uninstall the previous attempt and start over. I tried that. It didn't fix the problem.

I also tried to download the update from MS and manually installing it. That also did not fix the problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I've seen a few statements from MS that they recognize this update has created problems and assure people that the next update will fix them. But will my computer be able to install the next update without first successfully installing this one?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom