you do not have permission to write to this folder' error

S

schabelf

I just installed the April l2018 Windows 10 update and now I have a permissions problem. I use a music database program CATTRax which has an auto organize music files function winch renames files and folders according to rules and writes the files and folders to the new location. I have used it for years and have never had this problem. When the program tries to write the files to the folder I get a 'you do not have permission to write to this folder' error. I can write to this folder in windows explorer. I have changed the ownership of all the files and folders on my data drive which includes my music folder to my Microsoft user account. Every user in the permission box has full privileges. Running the program as administrator does not help. I have changed all the permissions for the program.exe with no effect. How do I fix this? Why does Microsoft keep making changes to Windows features and interface that nobody really cares about while at the same time messing up permissions and security . There ought to a single check box on a single user home machine that sets all the ownership on the machine to that user and gives full permissions for everything.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom