OneDrive File/Folder location

• Thread starter The Old Puter Man
  • Start date
T

The Old Puter Man

I'm finding myself in a bit of a confused state about where the OneDrive folder should be. My original OneDrive folder was, by default, placed on my system drive under Desktop. I had 20GB+ of music to upload and the system drive didn't have the space to hold all of the files.

I asked if I could use another drive and was told yes and given an article to use as a guide.

I did as the article suggested, unlinking OneDrive and shutting it down while I prepped folders.

This I did... The new OneDrive folder was placed on my F: Drive and Called, once again, OneDrive. I then moved all my music into that folder and copied all other folders/files from the System\Desktop\OneDrive folder to f:\OneDrive. All went well, check and verified that I had everything, copied the original folder (Just in case) and ran OneDrive.

I signed in and when asked I said that I wanted to use a new location for OneDrive folder. I was then informed that the new location already had files, was I sure.... I clicked Accept (or something) and OneDrive took the new address with no problems.

I've done many updates/moves/deletions since then and except for a minor glitch in one folder everything seems ok

Now for the FUN part. I went to delete the old OneDrive folder from my system drive but before I did that I took a look and decided not to yet. When I use File Explorer to examine the old OneDrive folder the address bar shows a Cloud and then OneDrive. Double-clicking drops down a window that now reads F:|\OneDrive. It seems that windows is maintaining two sets of folders for OneDrive. One on my system drive (C:\) and one on F:\. Everything seems to be in both folders. At this time I'm not sure what to do.

All I can think of is unlink, shutdown OneDrive, do a restart and hook it all back up pointing to F:|

Any suggestions, please. Really don't want to start modifying folders/files till this resolved.

Thanks

TheOldPuterMan AKA OldManBurley

Sorry about posting here but was informed that the OneDrive forum is closed??

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom