My Bluetooth is gone?

• Thread starter SpartacusPrime1
  • Start date
S

SpartacusPrime1

When I first got my laptop it already had Bluetooth. I could pair it with my other compatible devices and send files back and forth between them.

As of lately (probably after some update) I cant access or turn on my laptop's Bluetooth. The arrow on my taskbar that shows hidden icons, my Bluetooth icon has disappeared. The action center does not have a Bluetooth button, and when I click the Connect button it does not find my other devices (when their Bluetooth is on).

When I go into settings under "Bluetooth and other devices", there is no button to turn Bluetooth on or off. Under "Other devices" that shows the devices it has paired with in the past, it says Bluetooth is turned off for each device (when the device is actually on) and I can't click on remove devices. All I want to do is send files like music and JPG pictures back and forth between my laptop and tablet, I have done it before multiple times.

I have tried restarting my laptop multiple times and the icon still does not show up. My laptop informs me when I have updates ready and will even update itself from time to time so it should be up to date. I have looked up various ways to fix it (restarting; action center>connect; settings) but they do not work.

It's as if my laptop has lost it's Bluetooth function all together. Is there anyway I can fix this and get it back, before I try downloading another version.

If any information on this matter can be given I would appreciate the help, because nothing else is working or I wouldn't have asked for help here.

Please and thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom