Upgrade to 1803 - Computer freeze at 75%ish rollback 0xc1900101 - 0x40017

• Thread starter Jean-Michel Bezeau
  • Start date
J

Jean-Michel Bezeau

On one computer (out of 6 we have at home). Windows 10 upgrade to 1803 doesn't work.

I have downloaded the iso and burned it on a USB key.

I pop the USB key in a port, open the drive and launch setup.exe

I either accept or refuse the looking for update, it doesn't change a thing.

I confirm the upgrade and wait.

The setup process is fast, that's nice. It some point it restart and I get to a full screen upgrade process. The percentage goes up in small or large hickup. At some point it shows very quickly 73% and something click and the screen is black.

After many hours, I turn off the computer. (side note, this computer always freeze during large updates, usually after turning it on, it either finish the install process or rollback)

When I turn it on, I see a couple of tries to resume the upgrade. Finally, it boots windows. From the look of it, the network card is not working. So I log in, it take a while to log in. When it is done, the message C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not available (I translate from French but you get the point). When I close the error dialog nothing appears, nothing work. I hit ctrl-alt-del and tell the computer to restart.

It rollbacks at this point.

When I log in, the upgrade dialog shows up with message: C1900101 - 0x40017 Failed in SECOND_BOOT phase during BOOT operation

I have tried a lot of things I saw on this forum. I am still stucked. Last time, for 1709, I did a clean install; but it is a pain to reinstall everything.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom