Bootloop after april 2018 creators update

T

thepcwiz101

I have updated to version 1803 on my laptop a few days ago and after a reboot i am stuck on the boot screen right before the login screen appears. no matter how long i wait it still does this and i could not access safe mode due to a freeze up on the menu where you change startup options. this forced me to get a usb drive with the older windows 10 version and reinstall windows. This issue didn't appear until i did certain tweaks like attempting to change NTFS Last Access to disabled using the registry. I fixed that issue a few days before another bootloop started and this was after installing avast free antivirus which i always install on fresh systems. This update was a complete failure and i am severely disappointed in you microsoft. I have even had problems with the update to the how sounds are managed. it doesnt remember my volume settings for specific apps and nor does my master volume stays where i want it. This update should have been delayed until summer before release as it seems rushed and incomplete.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom