Windows 10 1803

T

TimSlocum

After reading and hearing about the long list of issues and bugs with Windows 10 1803, I decided to add my two cents worth. I updated both of my HP laptops to Windows 10 1803 via Windows Update the day after it came out. Almost immediately, I noticed a serious issue with this update. Every other time I rebooted the computers or every other time I shut them down and powered them back up I noticed that Windows 10 would hang/lock up right after the HP splash screen and right before it got to the welcome/sign in screen. Once it does this, there's no way to get out of it except to turn the PC off with the power button and then boot back up in recovery mode. After 3 days of worrying with this update from hell, I reverted both PCs back to Windows 10 1709. One of the PCs had such a serious issue with the hanging/lockup bug, that I had to completely restore it from backups to not only get it back to Windows 10 1709, but also to get all of my data and files back. The other PC only required to me to enter recovery mode to revert it back to the previous Windows version. Anyway, this taught me a valuable lesson. I will never get another feature update right after it comes out. I will wait at least 2 to 3 months from now on to get future feature updates. I don't know if anyone else has had this particular issue with Windows 10 1803, but I have. A 3 day nightmare that only ended after I reverted both PCs back to Windows 10 1709. This update was by far the worst experience I've had with all of the feature updates that I've installed since Windows 10 came out nearly 3 years ago. If anyone else has had this issue let me know. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom