Windows Ink Workspace Not Launching

C

CJD87

Initially after getting my Surface Book, Windows Ink Workspace worked great; I assigned the pen eraser button to launch Screen Sketch with one press, SketchPad with two, and send a screenshot to OneNote with a long press. Everything worked well for maybe two or three days.

Now, the eraser button appears to not work at all. After a restart, it will work once, performing whichever function is assigned to the action (if I press the button once, Screen Sketch will launch, etc...) After the first "use" following a system restart, the eraser button will no longer work. It wasn't a dichotomous issue; at first I would have to press the button a few times and the Screen Sketch would load. Now, it just doesn't.

I've replaced the battery in the pen, and no luck. I am also up-to-date on the most recent Windows 10 updates.

Sometimes even, I'll click the Windows Ink Workspace icon in the toolbar, and it will take multiple occurrences of clicking it for the Windows Ink Workspace window to expand.

I've found a similar (unsurprisingly locked) thread on the Microsoft forum with others proclaiming the same issue: Windows Ink WorkSpace Not Launching

Has anyone found a solution?

Continue reading...