new domain controller doesnt work correctly with Windows 2012 NPS Radius server.

• Thread starter Edvinas_Kaikairs
  • Start date
E

Edvinas_Kaikairs

Hello,

We're using Radius NPS (Windows server 2012) for Network Devices authentication. Everything was working correctly till we introduced new Domain Controller. The problem is that when NPS server starts to work with new domain controller - users cannot authenticate to network devices. I tried debug on NPS server side with Wireshark. I see that Access-Requests from devices are requested and come to the NPS server. And only after ~5min (yes minutes) the Access-Accept is sent out to that network device. Of course in a meantime (after 5 sec) the Network device timeouts the request and authentication gets failed.
The Windows event logs doesn't show anything strange. Seems everything is configured correctly on both sides - NPS and Active directory domain controller.

Maybe you could recommend some ways to find a problem? Maybe turn on some debug or etc.

p.s also connection between NPS and New Domain Controller in Wireshark shows lots of TCP ACKS with PSH flag. But I could not find out how it could be related.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom