Windows 10 installation problems

N

Nelliemcnell

I am trying to resurrect on old laptop for my son to use. Here is what I have tried.....

Clean install - Boot from DVD - windows logo and spinning dots for around 10 seconds, then laptop shuts down.

Clean Install - boot from USB - windows logo, and spinning dots for around 10 seconds then laptop shuts down.

Clean install of Windows 8 - Perfect

Upgrade from Windows 8 via DVD - Install completes message to say restarting, laptop shuts down, windows 10 only available as "Use another Operating System" when Shift and restart. Select that option and it boots to window 8.

Upgrade from Windows 8 via USB, same result only I have 2 versions of Windows 10 to boot from as above, same result.

Upgrade from Windows 8 via website, see above!

I have tried creating the boot DVD/USB using the MCT3 times for each media type, I have created a bootable DVD from a downloaded Windows 10 insider ISO.

The laptop I am using is supposed to be windows 10 compatible (according to the checks before windows installs) for processor, RAM etc. I was wondering if the mobo/bios is the problem.

The Laptop is an Asus F5R running Intel Celeron M, 420 @1.60GHz, 2 GB RAM. I am using Windows 32 Bit as the processor is not 64 bit compatible.

I have spent too long on this to give up now!! Please help, many thanks, Neil

Continue reading...