Failure to Roll Back April Update 2018 - SSD Problems

B

bmwnc2

I am a fortunate person who has received the famous black screen of death due to the most recent update for Windows 10. I have an Intel SSD that was put in the computer around 2012.

I downloaded the ISO file and have tried multiple times to run Windows 10 successfully. Of course it wont work.

Everything I read says to rollback to the latest version of windows 10. Here is the problem, my computer will not let me do this! It says there is no data, or Windows is unable to roll back. Also started in Safe MODE and when I try to uninstall the most recent updates it tells me Windows cannot do this. This happened before and after the fresh install of windows ISO file.

Any thoughts?
Also... spent well over 4 hours on the phone and on hold with Microsoft over the issue before they admitted to it being a problem. I was discussing possible problems with my graphics card and power supply (because I like to give a small benefit of doubt) however, When is it fair to assume Microsoft should compensate someone for wasting their time?

Also, when should Microsoft compensate someone for lost time on a valuable PC because their update "Bricked" my machine?

Maybe they should supply me with an SSD until they fix what they broke?

Total Time spent fixing the issue / troubleshooting : 8 hours
Total time taking my computer apart unnecessarily because they would not admit to me on the phone that it was a known issue: 1 Hour

How many times I had to call back because a call was dropped with no return phone call? twice

How many feet my xbox 1 x has to be from a router to hold wireless connection? - Trick question, i have to hard wire because it can't hold a wireless connection at all.

I am just about fed up with the Monster that is Microsoft. Meanwhile, i guess I drop $70 dollars on a New SSD that hopefully works with Windows April update? Nah, probably just wasting more of my time on here. What are your thoughts?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom