Text chat not functioning properly in several games

N

NeerajAthalye

Recently I started noticing that my keyboard is not functioning properly when i use the text chat in games. At first I thought it was limited to Paladins which was the game I noticed it in first. But then I noticed the same problem in other games too. I use a laptop with a separate monitor and keyboard setup. I have no idea about how to even begin troubleshooting this issue.

The problem is that whenever Im typing in the text chat, the text randomly stops appearing when I type.. and then when i press backspace it doesn't delete the text. After a bit of backspace spam, the text gets deleted but then I am not able to type more text. After some more Enter and Backspace spamming I am finally able to type again sometimes.. And this keeps happening.

I have noticed it in 3 different games so far: Paladins, Rocket League and Fortnite. I haven't noticed this problem in regular typing so I am completely clueless as to the cause of it.

UPDATE: Tried the same with my laptop's keyboard and with an external keyboard.. The problem occurs with both keyboards.

System specs:

laptop model: msi apache pro ge62vr 7rf Intel i7- 7700hq 16gb ram 6 gb nvidia gtx1060

Continue reading...