Windows 10 Explorer (incl. Taskbar) crashes randomly every ~2 minutes

L

lolmaus

Hi.

I have a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro on a top spec PC. I am a capable power user, very careful about what I install or run on my computer.

It used to work fine for a while, but now my problem is similar to this one: Windows 10 Taskbar Keeps Crashing/Restarting

This is a significant problem mainly because it happens every minute or two and because every time it happens, Windows Explorer closes and I have to re-navigate to my desired file folder again.

So, here's what happens:

• Every 2 minutes or so, the taskbar goes all black - there are no icons there any more
  • If I'm in the middle of an action (like entering a formula or using a menu in Excel) that program will hang or freeze momentarily. If typing a formula in Excel, I will need to re-enter it.
  • The taskbar flickers once and then the icons reappear. It's as if the taskbar is constantly rebooting
  • The above issues are annoying, but at least the programs I am using (Excel, etc) remain open.
  • The biggest problem is that Windows File Explorer appears to restart every time the taskbar does. As stated above, this means I have to navigate to find whatever files I need to use all over again.

It's totally ridiculous. It's a serious bug that is hampering my ability to do work on this computer. As of now, I completely regret upgrading from Windows 7. How long does a roll-back take?

There are other posts regarding this, but none of the answers are satisfactory.

So I am asking again.

Here's what "View all problems" shows:

I've been using Linux for many years and I'm not familiar with how to investigate problems on modern Windows.

Please help.

Continue reading...