Everything getting minimized on its own

M

MahmoudEl Ghazaly

Help, the most frustrating thing I ever faced ever. Since starting from this tuesday, everytime I try to play a game, when it launches, it gets minimized again. (GTA V, LoL, Warframe, etc..). Everytime I try to enter a game, I get minimized to the desktop again and again. I also noticed that if I'm searching for something in the search box or in Cortana and a new minute starts, the search box gets closed on its own; same goes for notification tab, task view, ect.. So I used two applications to see what the hell was taking the focus; the first one called Windows Focus Logger. I noticed that everytime I was thrown into the desktop (whether I was playing games or searching for something), "Explorer" process would get spammed on that application. As for the second application (Process Explorer), I noticed that (dllhost.exe and taskhostw.exe) would flicker at the beginning of every minute.

The last attempt to see what was going on, I simply opened Task Manager and waited at the beginning of every new minute, I noticed that Windows Explorer would reach the top of the processes list and then go down again.

I tried Clean Boot with only leaving Microsoft Processes enabled and disabled everything else, the problem was still there. I tried with Safe Boot, the problem disappeared. I'm on Build 1803. Anyone got any solution for this?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom