"Boot Device Not Found Please Install operating system on hard drive" after Windows 10 update

S

sunkissed64

After the latest Windows 10 update when I turn on my computer I get a black screen with
Boot Device Not Found
Please install and operating system on your hard disk
Hard Disk (3F0)
I've done all the suggested procedures suggested by HP and nothing works (checked the hard drive for errors - none found; reset BIOS to factory default, hard reset by removing battery etc.. nothing.
Can't get Windows to load,so I can't get to system reset, system recovery or system restore.
My laptop didn't come with a Recovery Disk nor a Windows 10 disk. I know my laptop came with Windows 8.1 installed and I did the free upgrade to Windows 10. Since it was upgraded to Windows 10 I am trying fixing the boot device not found/ please install operating system I have found via Googling for Win 10. Am I correct in this?
I am at a loss. Money is tight because I have been unemployed for a year and a half so this couldn't happen at a worse time.
The only thing I was able to do was make a Media Creation Tool on a DVD. Alas under Repair Your Computer none of the Troubleshooting options work:
-System Restore - gives me an error "to use system restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer select operating system then select System Restore (Alas I don't get a list of operating systems.
- Go Back to Previous Version - When I click go back to Previous Version it says "we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to Previous Version of Windows. Try resetting your PC.
- System Image Recovery - it says "Windows could not find System Image on this computer."
- Start Up Repair - it says,"start up couldn't repair your PC"
- Command Prompt - says "not enough memory resources are available to process this command."
- UEFI Firmware Setting - restarted computer no improvement.
I have a copy of my personal files as of 6 months ago. Would love to have my personal files to date. If I use the Media Creation Tool and click install now will installing Windows 10 again erase my personal files? I'm scared to click install now because I'm not sure if I will be offered an option to save my personal files. Would it be better to buy a full install disk of Windows 10 and does that cone with any repair features. Like I said money is tight but if it's the better option I'll bite the bullet.

I've tried to be as descriptive as possible so you guys can help me. I won't proceed til I get responses from you guys. I've been at this for 3 days and I'm fried.

Please help.
Sunny

Continue reading...