Visual C++ Redistributable Not Installing Correctly

W

windows8er

Recently when I tried to launch Avid Sibelius, it would not create a window but the RAM usage would simply ascend until my computer froze up completely. I have contacted Avid's support and when they tried a reinstall, the installer attempted to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (x64) - 14.14.26405. It failed with a dialog box that claimed that "The feature you are looking for is on a network resource that is unavailable", and asking for a location for the "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi", pointing to the ProgramData folder and a subfolder entitled a long hexadecimal string. If I press the cancel button, it then makes another box that says "The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.14.26405 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." Pressing "OK" ends the installation with a failure 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation.

To me there seems to be three errors that seem disconnected, and I do not know why any of them are occuring. How could a Microsoft-provided MSI file be missing components to install itself? On a Windows 10 machine? The only other versions of Microsoft Visual C++ I have installed are 2008 and 2010, having uninstalled 2015 to attempt to fix the problem, and being unsuccessful. I don't want to uninstall those older versions unless it will fix the problem because they might be for programs that would then stop working. Does anyone know about these errors?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom