Help ! Windows update - unable to access files , start menu and desktop

C

ClaudineWallace

The other day windows did a massive update . Since then my laptop is completely useless. I can't access any files or photos . The desktop has gone . I can't go online (most apps are unresponsive) . I get odd and meaningless error messages and the start icon doesn't respond. There is very little I can do to try and get anywhere with this - recovery doesn't work . Anything clickable isn't responding . I don't know where to begin and am not impressed at all . This is MY property we're talking about here - photos and documents . There is no contact number for this . If this was APPLE at least there would be a shop to go to and get it sorted . I am totally put off using Microsoft now. I have read countless others posts from users with similar issues . No apologies and no means of speaking to someone to talk through the steps. Giving links to solutions doesn't help as I need someone to talk me through this very individualised issue . Like I say - I have little to go on - so trouble shooters don't help when they're asking you to click on something that is either now no longer the or just wont respond .

Continue reading...