Unable to fully initiate "Windows 10 Pro"-installation; computer just restarts endlessly

K

Knutti.

Hey.

I just bought Windows 10 Pro, but it won't install on my computer.

My computer is an Asus TC-780, which came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed from the manufacturer. I formatted the disk and installed Windows 7 Ultimate instead, but because a lot of the drivers were missing (so that certain functions didn't work in Windows 7 Ultimate), I therefore bought Windows 10 Pro instead and tried to install it.

But this is what happens when I try to install Windows 10 Pro on the computer:

Everything is set up in the BIOS to boot from the USB-stick (which has Windows 10 Pro on it). (The boot-options are set to UEFI mode.)

Step 1) The computer starts up from the USB-stick, and gives me the choice of installing the 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro.

Step 2) I click on the 64-bit version (which is what my computer supports), and the "Loading files..." screen appears, followed by the spinning wheel of dots (the Windows 10 loading symbol).

dc730a3f-8e4e-4e48-92b0-dc00d200bd54?upload=true.jpg

ccbcfe89-379c-4c09-85d9-f0cd41354ca8?upload=true.jpg

Step 3) Then the computer just restarts and goes back to Step 1 again. This repeats itself in an endless loop.

9368654e-66f5-4248-a2e8-2e980c4f4283?upload=true.jpg

In other words: The computer just restarts without ever beginning the actual installation.

What's the cause of this, and how do I solve it?

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom