MME Internal Error

P

pepelepew50

This last weekend, I encountered a problem with the audio inputs on my Windows 10 PC/Laptop and with Adobe Premiere Pro CC2018.

When I went to edit a video to add a voice track to the production, I had encountered an error message "MME Internal Error." I went to google to understand what the meaning of the fault. The recommendations were to set the input of the software to "no inputs." I did this procedure which did clear out the fault message. However, this did not solve the root of the problem. The program was not able to use the input from my Turtle Beach Pro Headset 60p. So, I had used a couple of other headsets and the same problem occurred. I had unplugged all the USB hubs from the computer and unplugged the external sound card. The problem still occurred.

Keep in mind, the set up had been working for the last 6 months.

So, I had called Adobe tech support and the technician spent about an hour going through the different methodology to understand the problem and overcome the problem. He was not successful. He had decided to undertake some further research into the issue.

Not satisfied with this outcome and because I am going to end up behind in my video productions, I had tried to use another video production software I have in the event Premiere should fail me. I had loaded up my Cyberlink Power Director program to edit my video and the program could not find the input to the microphone. This phenomenon occurred with the USB and Analog ports. The programs can see the devices and do work on the output side, but both programs failed to allow for an input signal. Although, they do recognize that the devices are there on the port.

So, I started to think that the problem might be with the operating system.

I had researched some more issues with the MME Driver/Tool and read some history on the Multimedia Extensions (MME). I had performed some of the recommended methods to correct the problem; Go to Device Manager >Audio Input and Outputs and went through the list of devices and put them all on Audio Endpoint. This did not solve the problem and when I am the Sound area of the operating system, I cannot get an input to work on the microphone unless I select the checkbox "listen." Then audio comes through the microphone.

My theory is that a recent change has been enabled prior to Saturday night 26 May 2018 with Windows 10 and has created an accidental bug with the audio inputs on my Dell Laptop. I know that it is system wide because my system uses the internal Realtek Audio card and an external USB Audio Card which both are affected by the same problem. I have researched Dell drivers and Realtek drivers but that has not solved the problem. However, all these devices were working perfectly just Friday Night 25 May 2018.

So, my problem now is do I ask the Operating System Manufacturer to investigate the problem?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom