Windows 10 total blackscreen with no cursor or other obvious access

L

lennyCoz

Hi, I hope somebody can help. I am running Windows 10 (64bit) on a HP Pavilion laptop. It is regularly updates so I assume it has the most upto date batches.

Yesterday I added a new email address to Outlook 2010. The new email address uses Microsoft.Exchange whereas my other emials are POP3 - if this is relevant. Once added Outlook stopped responding. No matter what I did I could not get to a point to delete the Micorsoft.Exchange email so I decided to performa System Restore. This I did and left the computer to complete the operation. When I returned several hours later I had a black screen, no cursor and no responce to anything from the keyboard, not even Ctr-Alt-Dlt.

I rebooted the computer, ON start-up the usual HP logo and circle of dots appeared then the screen went balck again before The Windows 10 screen appeard. Again no responce to any command.

Searched on the web but can't find anything helpful as I can't input any commands or tell the computer to bootup from my recovery stick.

Any thoughts

Cheers

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom