Windows 10 Stuck on "Choose Your Keyboard Layout Screen" using Win10 Repair Disc (PC boots ok normally)

C

Cowboy48

A while ago I installed the free copy of Windows 10 on my Windows 7 system. My computer boots up fine, but I never made a repair / boot up disc. When I did make that disk I tried to boot it up using it. It starts slow and you have to move fast pressing any key when you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD." If you don't move fast it boots up normally.

When I do press any key (with the repair disc in the drive) it boots up very slowly. After a few minutes I finally come to the blue "Choose Your Keyboard Layout Screen". I can't choose anything because my keyboard and mouse are frozen. I have to simply shut the computer off. Fortunately it starts fine on its own.

The issue here is ... if the computer ever does fail to boot up I won't have any way of booting it up .... I also accessed the blue windows repair screen and went to "check system repair" ...something like that and windows shut off the computer and rebooted to the same blue screen "choose your keyboard layout screen" and froze. I feared they changed some stuff and I would not be able to now boot up. Fortunately I shut the system down and it booted up okay. ... but how can I fix this problem without risking the computer not booting up. Now I'm thinking just leave it alone and hope it never fails.

Any suggestions?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom