Windows 10 updates froze up my laptop

G

Gjavmendo

I really need some help. When I came back to my laptop (Samsung Chronos Series 7) I had a black screen. I figured the windows update prompts that I was getting for several days that I kept delaying finally chose to force the updates and restart. After waiting an hour, I forced a hard reset and then upon rebooting, the Windows logo appears, the dotted circle began to spin, then all disappeared and back to the black screen.

After waiting another hour I forced a hard reset and then received a Windows Update at 30% message that said to not turn off the PC and that it may take a while. 2 hours later still stuck on that screen.

Rebooted the device, tried to get to safe mode, but when I do this for all 3 safe mode options, the device seems to boot into safe mode with the verbiage in all 4 corners, but nothing else comes up. The desktop is black with exception to the safe mode verbiage in the corners.

I read in other forums that I should have seen Advanced options when I powered off my device 3 times trying to get to safe mode, BUT IT IS NOT THERE!

I even tried looking in the BIOS settings but all seemed normal. I also tried inserting a Windows 10 disc I received at work, but it does not read it, nor can I eject it.

I am desperate to get help as I have a Term paper I was 2 pages away from finishing that is due soon.

Can anyone help? Reminder, I do not get any desktops, icons, etc. Only the above.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom