Unable to boot + Critical Process Died

M

mrnotoriousman

Hello,

I am using an Asus X555D model with AMD Quad Core A10-8700P, 12GB DDR, and 256GB SSD. The computer is a little over 7 months old, and unfortunately I don't think I have a warranty.

Last week my laptop would start freezing randomly for 30 seconds or so at a time. It was annoying at first and I ran Avast and Malwarebytes but nothing serious came up and the problem persisted. Then I started getting the critical process died error the next day and it would have to restart after it froze. Shortly thereafter, I was not able to even start windows.

I tried all the options under troubleshooting and got errors on everything, including being unable to load in safe mode and backup my data. Also, it would frequently only start in the BIOS and I would have to go to save and exit several times before it would load back up to the troubleshoot menu. I also tried to the scannow and bootrec from the command prompt which did nothing. I then created a USB stick with Windows 10 using the Microsoft tool and tried to just do a clean install of windows, but I only got another error when I got the screen where you select the partition ( there was nothing on the list and I got an error when I clicked on load). I tried some solutions from Google, but those did not work and I assumed my HD had somehow failed.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get my replacement HD in the mail and install it in the computer. Put the USB in and install Windows 10, great! As I start going through with Cortana on setting everything up, it freezes and I get critical process died again.

I have been through every suggested solution I have found on these forums and articles on Google regarding the Critical_Process_Died error and not a single one has done anything. Yesterday, a person on another forum told me if it wasn't the hard drive and a clean install changed nothing than it could possibly be the RAM. Per their instructions, I ran memtest86, which took 16 hours and came back with 0 errors. Pics of the test here: View: https://imgur.com/a/9GRilVg

I have no idea where to go from here, please help!

Continue reading...