Number format (Numpad/Decimal separators/Grouping) does not override keyboard settings

A

ASM.Sander

Hello all,

I have the following issue regarding decimal separators and grouping characters period and comma, here's some info:

- One of my co-workers works on a Win10 based PC, with the language set to English (international company), but with the decimal separators set to comma and grouping to periods (as seen on many solutions regarding periods/commas, going through Region settings, selecting Additional settings and then manually switch "." for "," and vice versa) to match Dutch standards.

- His keyboard settings are set to English with US (International) keyboard (which matches his physical keyboard).

- However, when using the Numpad "." in various text fields (search bars, spreadsheet apps (Excel, OpenOffice and Google Sheets. For Google Sheets (which is the main reason I'm asking), the locale is set to "Netherlands")), the output is still "1.00" instead of the expected "1,00".

- Switching the keyboard setting from "US (International)" to Dutch gives the correct and expected output of "1,00", however because the layout of a "Dutch" keyboard differs from "US (International)", this is unusable. Both are selectable from the taskbar at the moment, by the way.

Does anyone know why the settings for Decimal Separators/Grouping do not override the default settings for the keyboard?

For what it's worth, I'm working on a Mac, I have similar settings when it comes to locale and decimal separators/grouping, and for me it's working.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom