Volume Shadow Copy Service error

Q

QT-Pro

Hi,

I ran the free Acronis tool "Acronis VSS Doctor" which resulted in numerous identical error reports. I do not understand what they mean and searching this community for enlightenment has not revealed any similar instances.

Here is the message that keeps repeating:

Timestamp: 25-Jun-18 20:52:12
Type: Error
Source: VSS
Message: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine QueryFullProcessImageNameW. hr = 0x80070006, The handle is invalid. . Operation: Executing Asynchronous Operation Context: Current State: DoSnapshotSet
InstanceId: 8193

The log shows the same message approximately every 5 minutes beginning yesterday.

I should add that I first began backing up my data to an external drive using Windows 10 Professional's Backup option 2 days ago. The external drive appears to be working correctly although Windows is set to backup my data every 15 mins and the last backup appears to have been made yesterday (25 June 2018 13:13:57. Since then all newly added data seems to have been ignored.

The PC has 3 internal drives of which 2 are SSD's in a RAID mirror configuration so, in theory, my data is always being backed up anyway but I do not know how I can access the mirrored drive to ensure that it is working as it is supposed to which is why I decided to backup to an external drive just to be sure.

Another thing I want to add, although it may have no bearing on this particular issue, is that System Restore never works. It makes restore points but if I attempt restoration to any point whatsoever I always get a message informing me that Windows was not able to restore my system and that no changes have been made.

Any ideas on how I can solve this issue please?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom