Can't sign in to Cortana on Microsoft Lumia 535 phone/ Have forgotten password for Cortana & can't see how to change username.

L

LouiseBowen

Hello, I wonder if you can help me? I have asked this question before but did not get the right answer (I probably didn't explain it very well). I am using a Microsoft Lumia 535 phone on Windows 8. Cortana is requiring me to sign in again before I can use it but I have forgotten my password, to go with my username, but I can't see how to recover or change this password. Before, I have been advised to sign in with my Microsoft account password. I have tried this but it won't work on my phone - with my Microsoft password on my PC my username is with @yahoo.co.uk but on my phone (on the Cortana sign is page) my user name is different; it is @outlook.com. I have tried changing my outlook password, via my PC, but it just comes up that my username, with outlook, is @yahoo. I cannot remember why my username on my phone is @outlook and don't understand why I can't sign in to Cortana with my Microsoft password. And, I don't know how to change my phone/ Cortana username from (myname)@outlook.com to (myname)@yahoo.co.uk so I can use the same Microsoft account password I use on my PC. I am really confused and frustrated by this. Would greatly appreciate any help/ advice with this. Many thanks in anticipation of reply.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom