Bouncing Cursor

M

Melissa 33033

About 3 builds ago, my cursor started bouncing around my screen. I will start typing - and after just one or two characters, the focus will transfer to a bubble somewhere else on the screen.
When it first started, I did a lot of research and found the only solution that anyone had found that worked was deleting the touch screen driver. So - despite not being able to use my touch screen, that's what I did. Sooner or later, the driver is reinstalled - and I have to do it again. It's annoying - but at least I can use my computer.

Now --- after the most recent upgrade, as usual, my pc rebooted. Now --- the loss of focus is present on the login screen. Even though I have to type only 4 characters for my PIN - the focus won't stay in that window long enough to get logged in. I can't even get it to safe mode because when I get to the screen where I need to make a choice - such as 'continue in safe mode' - the focus bounces to 'boot normally' (or whatever that screen says).

Obviously, the 'fix' I've been using isn't a permanent fix ----- but now I can't use that fix!!!

Any ideas would be great!!! I'd like to use my desktop again!

Melissa Barthold

Continue reading...