Windows 10 consistently unresponsive + locking up (July 2018)

B

Buzzinator1

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro 1803

Build- 17134.137

ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura Motherboard
AMD FX-6350 Vishera 6 Core CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Video Card
16 Gb DDR3 GSkill Memory

I have recently started with a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, ran all updates, ensured all drivers were installed. I am consistently encountering Windows locking up. Everything goes un-responsive, ctrl-alt-del will not give the task manager. If task manager is open it is also not responding. This is really pissing me off. I didn't have issues like this before. I had re-installed because of removing Docker caused mutliple BSOD. Now my pc locks up more that 5 times a day.

I checked my eventviewer errors and resolved 1 conflict of my own. I am getting windows software errors every hour from Microsoft.Zune.Video. I am assuming that is causing my problems. I don't have a clue what program it is supposed to support, nothing I want or installed.

This is the Error: The Appx operation 'RegisterPackageAsync' on 'Microsoft.ZuneVideo_2019.18052.10711.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe' failed for user 'myemailhere-removed' - error -2018574325: Windows cannot process a deployment operation because the package repository database encountered an unrecoverable error. Use the Reset Your PC feature to recover your PC.. (Error: The package repository is corrupted.)

I have ran Windows check updates but it says up to date. If this is generated by Windows why won't it resolve itself?

The reason I had to fresh install was due to the fact Windows 10 Recovery does not work and Windows Repair does not work. Why even have that if can't examine and fix windows file errors. Even with DVD media.

Any help would be appreciated. Any direction to capture some log files so I can hunt down this bug before I have to resort to Deleting these files from the registry. Thank you.

Tony

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom