Windows 10 full license bought directly via Microsoft Store App is not transferrable to another motherboard?

W

WanxinZhang

I have already called Microsoft Tech Support (with the support case still open for more than a week), Microsoft Tech Support seem to have a issue with the license I bought directly using the Store App as it does not have a product key (Microsoft Tech Support has remoted into my PC and checked my Microsoft Account via my PC, they can see the Windows license that I have bought but they cannot find any product key).

The "Activation" -> "Troubleshoot" method tried by the Microsoft Tech Support also does not work cause the previous motherboard is installed with Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (Initially bought a Windows 10 Pro Full License from the Store App, few months later bought a Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Upgrade License also from the Store App).

So far it seems to me if I change only the motherboard (CPU, RAM, SSD is the same), all the digital Windows licenses I have bought directly via the Microsoft Store App (at full retail price) cannot be transferred, Microsoft Tech Support has yet to solve this issue for me.

What I do not understand is why Microsoft is not providing any Product Key(s) with the Windows 10 licenses I have purchased thru my Microsoft Account via the Microsoft Store App? If the Product Key is there, Microsoft Tech Support could have re-activated my PC (with a different motherboard) on the first day I made the call to them.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom