windows 10 april update network issues

• Thread starter Robert Buckingham
  • Start date
R

Robert Buckingham

I have three computers, two desktop and one laptop, which use wi-fi to connect to a Fios router/modem. Before the April Update, I could use 'network' or Home Group to allow the three computers to see each other and share files (copy from one to the other). Of course home group disappeared; but what was not expected was that 'network' (File Explorer) on any of the computers does not show either of the other two computers. This occurs on all three computers. Since I have an Office 365 Pro (E) account, none of the 'sharing' that should be normal is working either.

On the desktops, I can use \\A and/or \\B to see the another computer, but the laptop is simply not visible, nor can it access the desktops.

When using \\A, for example, B can see the files and copy files from A, but not copy files to A - even though I use the same ID on all three computers.

This definitely affect my ability to work efficiently since I can't backup files between the three computers without first copying them to the cloud.

I have been over all of the network, file sharing, inbound/outbound rules, the firewall stuff numerous times.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom