Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe mode, automatic repairs have failed

B

BenjaminMartin2

I recently tried to update Windows on my desktop computer after about 2 months (I was away from home), and I ran into some errors while updating. The update failed, but I was able to reboot and reach the desktop. However, I got a popup that would repeatedly appear on my screen, giving me error code 0xC000012F. I attempted to fix it by going into the Admin Command Prompt and running sfc /scannow, and rebooting. But when I rebooted I received the BSOD with error code 0xC000021A, and Windows restarted several times attempting to automatically diagnose and fix the issue. It was unsuccessful, and it gave me the option for troubleshooting.

Since then I have tried countless different methods to successfully boot, all of which have failed. I have tried chkdsk /f /r, sfc /scannow, multiple different bootrec commands, dism commands, trying to revert to a previous update, trying to create a backup to boot to, etc. I am unable to boot into any form of safe mode, and I can't even reset my PC (the operation fails and just sends me back to the troubleshooting options).

I'm at a loss here. None of the tutorials I have tried have been successful, and I would appreciate any and all help. It's worth noting that my computer is a custom built machine rather than a prebuilt PC. I did not attempt to download any new software since returning to using my desktop, as far as I am aware this was triggered from trying to update Windows. The last time I updated Windows was on 5/27/2018. I do still have my copy of Windows 10 and I am able to access the troubleshooting menu that way, but as far as I can tell it's just the same options that I get when the automatic repair fails.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom