System Log/DCOM Error

K

KAG PMW

<article class="topic-body" style="width:1040px;">

Hey Guys,

When Running a dcdiag today I noticed that I'm getting this error.

* The System Event log test
An error event occurred. EventID: 0x0000272C

Time Generated: 07/11/2018 14:31:31

Event String:

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer mail1.my.domain using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID 4fa0 (C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe).

An error event occurred. EventID: 0x0000272C

Time Generated: 07/11/2018 14:31:31

Event String:

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer xchg.my.domain using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID 4fa0 (C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe).

......................... MCPDC1 failed test SystemLog

Mail1 and xchg no longer exist. I deleted them from Active Directory a while ago, and they're not in DNS either. Any idea what's cuasing this? It's also causing a DCOM error to show in Event Viewer about twice a day. Thanks!

Remember to mark the best answer to give credit. No answer needed? Turn it off for this topic.

Learn-Windows_WindowsServer.svg

Dive deeper into Windows Server with Learn.
With tons of resources, progress tracking, and achievement badges you're bound to improve your IT skills.
Let's go!

JUL

Best Practices for adopting Cloud-based Backup and DR
10:00 AM
Webinar

Webinar: Best Practices for adopting Cloud-based Backup and DR

Event Details »

View all events »
<iframe frameborder="0" height="250" id="google_ads_iframe_/8951970/com/topic/secondary_0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="google_ads_iframe_/8951970/com/topic/secondary_0" scrolling="no" style="border-width:0px;border-style:initial;vertical-align:bottom;" title="3rd party ad content" width="300"></iframe>
<section class="replies " data-replies-section="true" style="margin:0px auto;max-width:800px;">
2 Replies

mini_magick20141126-29552-16dibm2_big.jpg
Anaheim
Polymar Jul 12, 2018 at 2:22 AM

Hi,
Exchange is pretty well rooted in AD (depending on its version). How did you removed the exchange machine from the directory?

• Was this post helpful?
    <icon class="sui-icon sui-icon-thumbs-up sui-icon--gray " style="background-image:url("https;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-% center;width:24px;height:24px;background-size:24px;margin-right:5px;;bottom:1px;"></icon>
    <icon class="sui-icon sui-icon-thumbs-down sui-icon--gray " style="background-image:url("https;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-width:24px;height:24px;background-size:24px;margin-right:5px;bottom:1px;"></icon>​

• Spice
mini_magick20171108-24444-wm6by4_big.jpg
Anaheim
OP
patrickwilson9 Jul 12, 2018 at 8:57 AM

Polymar wrote:

Hi,
Exchange is pretty well rooted in AD (depending on its version). How did you removed the exchange machine from the directory?

I'm pretty sure that I just went in to AD, right clicked on mail1 and clicked delete. I'm not sure about xchang as that one was done before my time here.

Unsubscribe
</section>
<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="https://community.spiceworks.com/posts" class="post_form form-vertical" data-remote-json="true" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="new_post" method="post" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;">
<iframe allowtransparency="true" class="wysihtml5-sandbox" frameborder="0" height="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" security="restricted" style="border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color:#e7e7e7;box-sizing:border-box;display:inline-block;transition:height 0.35s ease;height:98px;border-collapse:separate;clear:none;float:none;margin:0px;outline:rgb(74, 74, 74) none 0px;outline-offset:0px;padding:12px 14px;right:auto;bottom:auto;vertical-align:top;box-shadow:none;border-radius:0px;width:1040px;" width="0"></iframe>
<input checked="checked" class="checkbox" id="enable_notify" name="enable_notify" style="margin:2px 0px 4px;padding:0px;font-family:inherit;font-size:14px;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;vertical-align:middle;background:rgb(255, 255, 255);height:auto;color:#4a4a4a;border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color:#e7e7e7;white-space:nowrap;border-radius:4px;transition:border 0.2s linear, box-shadow 0.2s linear, padding 0.2s linear;width:auto;" type="checkbox" value="t" /><label for="enable_notify" style="box-sizing:border-box;display:inline;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;"></label>
<button class="sui-bttn--primary sui-bttn sui-bttn--small" data-button-type="submit" data-primary="true" id="post-reply-submit" style="margin:0px;padding:0px 20px;font-family:'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;line-height:30px;cursor:pointer;min-width:75px;border-width:initial;border-style:none;border-color:initial;border-radius:4px;background-color:#2186ca;color:#ffffff;transition:background 0.2s linear;" type="submit">Reply</button></form>
Didn't find what you were looking for? Search the forums for similar questions or check out the Windows Server forum.
</article>

Continue reading...