Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors

T

ThienThoi

Okay so the pass couple days i've been having a bunch of issue trying to fix my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which has Windows 10 Home from the time i bought it. It's been running just fine until.... now

- The first problem that came up was it would either Freeze or keep spinning at the logging screen after I typed my password and won't get the the main screen, so what i had done was to boot into safe mode, save my files to a USB and "Factory Reset" using Dell's integrated recovery function.

- After factory resetting, it worked fine for like 2 hours, and then it got some adware/malware which disabled the window defender and keep playing ads in background.

- As soon as i found out that i have adware, i used some malware removal tools to remove them, but now i wouldn't be able to open Windows Defender ( it gives me "this app is turned off by group policy"). The Windows Update service is at "Disabled" state and no matter what effort of me trying to change it from Disabled to Automatic, it would just says "Disabled" .

- Now for the 2nd times, i went in and try to reset the PC, but this time when i clicked "Reset this PC", nothing happened. I have also tried to start the "Advanced Boot Options" using Shift-Restart, Hot Key F12, from Settings, and any other methods that i can find online but it will only bring me back to the normal login screen. The only way is to disconnect the power for a few times until the Automatic repair kicks in.

- At the Advanced boot option, i tried "Reset this PC" and it gave me "There was a problem resetting this PC". I tried Factory Image Recovery and it gave me "No recovery image found", i tried Command Prompt and perform a disk check (sfc /scannow) and it gave me something like "We found it issue but was unable to fix it".

-I then tried to download the Windows Media Creation Tool:

- Upgrade this PC : error in midway, it says something that i couldn't remember

- Using a USB : error at 50% and it gave me 0x8007005 - 0xA001A

- Download ISO file : i tried to extract it and it gave me some corrupted error. also tried some USB boot creator and they gave me some errors regarding to corrupted files too. Up until this point, i've spent 4 days, 10 times trying to use the windows media creator tool (almost 2 hours every time for it to download the file)

What is up with all this problems ?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom