USB mass storage device problem

C

CarlAltschul

I am running a windows 10.

AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz

8GB Ram

64 Bit

Windows Version 1803

I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle.

When I first turn the machine on and put the SD card reader in, I can read the files, but when I re-insert it to change the file, it will not read. There is no evidence of it. I have tried reinstalling it, but it keeps coming up with the same problem and the same error code:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)"

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, ending the File Explorer task and re-starting it, but the only thing that works is shutting the machine down and re-starting. I have even run hardware scans and the like to no avail.

This is a problem that has been persistent in Windows since 2015, and has not been sorted out, but who are we to demand that our money buy something that works.

We are being completely duped by Microsoft. We buy their software, then we have to do our own Support and our own resolution. Whilst we are doing that, Microsoft is gleefully raking in the money and our data.

Continue reading...