Two Node S2D cluster - Disk Volume fails when one host goes down

G

gilt111

hello,

i got a two node S2D cluster, each server got 4 HDDs and 2 SSDs. the servers are connected using 2 NICs on each ( back to back connection) and an additional 2 NICs for external network. Quorum is configured as file share.

the cluster works fine when both nodes are up and running, But in case either one of the nodes goes down all the S2D volumes goes down as well. this should not happen obviously.

i see the following errors in the event log:

event ID 1069

Cluster resource 'Cluster Pool 1' of type 'Storage Pool' in clustered role '790e54e8-fe11-4198-b2f7-833cad5bcb8d' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

event ID 1792

Cluster physical disk resource failed periodic health check.

Physical Disk resource name: Cluster Virtual Disk (Volume)
Device Number: 8
Device Guid: {41b93dc5-7fa3-4c26-b6e2-e76c9e3e6509}
Error Code: 0
Additional reason: ClusDiskReportedFailure

If the reason is ReattachTimeout, it means attaching a new RHS process to the disk resource took too long.
If the reason is ClusDiskReportedFailure, it means the underlying disk device was removed from the system.
If the reason is QuorumResourceFailure, it means this is a Spaces quorum resource.
If the reason is VolumeNotHealthy, it means one of the volumes is not healthy and may need repair.

event ID 1038

Ownership of cluster disk 'Cluster Virtual Disk (Volume)' has been unexpectedly lost by this node. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your storage configuration.

cluster validation does not show any major error

anyone saw this issue before? please let me know

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom