.net framework 2.0

• Thread starter JonathanShapiro_994
  • Start date
J

JonathanShapiro_994

I read all the previous postings on .net framework 2.0, however this person has already tried all of them. Let me explain:

The Operating System is Windows 7.

"Almost 100 % of our problems have been .Net Framework issues. The software has issues but many of our applications rely on it. I just did an update check with 4 updates and one contained the cumulative update for .NET and it crashed."

"The computer has been stuck in limbo. Not related to .Net but .Net 2.0 is corrupt and I can’t get it off and none of the Microsoft tools work." (he tried all the fixes)

"Done the sfc /scannow. Said it found some files but did not solve the problem. Ran the net verification tool and it could not correct 2.0 and said it will send a report to Microsoft. Used the windows 7 verification tool as it was said to fix 2.0 did not do it. Ran a command line on dosnetfx.exe (the 2.0 source) to force it to repair 2.0. That ran but gave me a notice to “run install.exe” but I found no install.exe that was put on the machine by dosnetfx.exe. Also have run the .net clean tools but they do not touch .net 2.0. The problem is 2.0 is preventing the installation of other versions of .net. I need 4.0 for some applications and the 4.0 client won’t go in. In the past I have had to take out versions 1.0 to 4.72 and start all over reinstalling them. This time however, 2.0 is really stuck and not allowing any changes. I need to “Allow Windows Features .Net 2.0” but that does not exist in the Windows Features windows as an option to allow or not allow. I am tempted to just back up the machine and delete all the 2.0 folders and registry entries to keep it from running and maybe then start over."

"I got to step 2 in that document, repairing 2.0, that is the command line dosnetfx.exe I described and stopped at the manually removal part. Part one of the manual removal used the 2.0 enu to remove 2.0 before doing the manual parts. That file does not exist. Other parts of the manual removal are asking to delete the 2.0 folders but they can’t be deleted while 2.0 is operating. So I need to stop 2.0 from loading then maybe I can do a manual uninstall which will probably leave a lot of registry keys in place because I cannot run the enu file."

He tried almost fix that was suggested. I'm not an expert on it. I will research it for him.

Any ideas?

Continue reading...