BSOD on Windows 7: Three different ones BC 01 / BC F4 03 / BC 7A 20

C

Cat-Lee

(1) BC 0 - ACC_INDEX_MISMATCH

(2) BC F4 - 03
(3) BC 7a - 20

Will not complete Norton full system scan it crashes with a BSOD

I have a feeling this is related to some sort of virus, malware, trojan etc. And I am pretty sure there is more than one of them on my pc, but I can not get it to complete the scan to get rid of them.

Here is a overview of what happened:

I use Xfinity/Comcast and Norton Security. I have had both for years.

A few months ago Comcast updated their system and purged non-valid customers and Norton cancelled/closed the accounts. I found out from Norton that some valid customers got caught up in the purge (like me) and had their Norton Security shut off.

I usually would run full-system scans and other maintenance on a very regular basis, but my mom passed away and I did not for a few months. This is the order of when/what has happened:

1) I got my 1st BSOD on 7/14/18 and when I tried to run Norton it was turned off. So I contacted Norton and found out about the Comcast/Norton purge.

2) Norton said they could not re-activate the security software I had and that they would have to un-install and re-install a new one since Comcast had accidentally purged my Norton account.

3) All of my backup files saved to Norton were also purged (which really upsets me)

4) Norton installed the newer version Norton Security Online (I had Norton Security Suite)

5) I started to run a full system scan, during the scan it had found and quarantined 3 viruses.

6) I then got another BSOD

7) I did a system restore back to a point where I was having no problems (about 1 month back)

8) Then the new Norton Security Online was gone and only parts of the old Norton Security Suite were back. It would not let me un-install and re-install, even with the Norton un-installer: NRnR

9) Called Norton again and they re-installed Norton Security Online. But I still see parts of the old Norton Security suite still on my computer .

10) Now it does not show the quarantined viruses since it is like a brand new Norton security install and has no history. Since it had said quarantined instead of removed I am assuming they are still on my computer (but I do not know for sure)

11) It will not complete a full system security scan, it only gets to 1 of the viruses it found before and then when the scan gets to the the following files it does a BSOD:

c:\windows\software distribution\download\a1285b0de863fce8cff3d9d17e27193b\x86_micr (I could not see the rest)

12) Before the 2nd Norton install it would only get a BSOD while trying to do scans, maintenance or copy my pictures.

13) After 2nd Norton install it is crashing constantly while trying to do different things unless I am in safe mode. (it will BSOD in safe mode if I try to do a Norton full system scan also)

Can someone please help me. Since Norton purged my backup files I have no other copies. I have a set of factory setting discs I had made when I first got my pc years ago, but I have a bunch of photos of my mom I do not want to loose (I have no other copies of them) and it crashes anytime I try to copy them. It will not let me copy/burn them to a cd/dvd and it will not complete a backup in safe mode.

I have:

HP Pavillion p7-1225 pc

AMD quad-core A8-3820 APU

64-bit os

8 G DDR3

1 TB HD

456 GB free of 914 GB

Windows 7 home premium - service pack 1 (windows 10 will not run on my pc)

I copied the 3 dump files to zip folders and all error report files that were associated with the crashes (Eventlog, BugCheck, and Kernel-Power) that I found in my system error event log to regular folders.
There are 3 folders, each one has all the info I could find associated with each one of the different BSOD.

I have never used the One drive file share before, so if you have a problem seeing my folders please let me know: Shared items 7-22-2018

Sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to include the history in case that helps to troubleshoot.

Thank you for your time & help

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom