Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

S

SummerPearson

Recently I've been getting a lot of these BSODs.

I'll start off by explaining my usage and when these blue screens occur. Usually I have 10+ tabs open on browser while i'm using the net. I tend to leave the browser on and close the laptop when i'm not using it. I normally don't have to turn off/restart my laptop for weeks, and I can use my laptop every day browsing the net without issues.

Lately (pass month), I've noticed that after 2-3 days of having browser tabs open that the laptop would get sluggish and I find it takes time to open new tabs. When this happened before, I'd just close all browsers and reopen them again and it would be fine. Recently I thought it would be best to restart my laptop every time by laptop got sluggish. Now, when ever I restart after a sluggish period I get a BSOD with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" stop code.

I checked online and it said to use event viewer to see what the BSOD's were about. Opening up event viewer I'm confused about what i'm supposed to look for (the navigation in this window is appalling).

Please let me know what details i'm supposed to be looking for in regards to the BSOD's i'm having and help me fix this problem. The BSODs only happens sometimes when I restart. The BSOD occurs always just before the screen where windows asks you to put in your password. Always happens there and sometimes even leads to a loop of BSODS one after the other. Sometimes I'm lucky and it won't loop and start up like normal.

dump files:

dumpfiles.7z

Continue reading...