I purchased a screensaver about twelve years ago and Microsoft firewall blocks the configuration set for 10 minutes & I get "No Signal" instead of my

• Thread starter Dr. HubertHechabarria
  • Start date
D

Dr. HubertHechabarria

Dear Microsoft Community:

I am an American Volunteer Medical Doctor treating people world wide including major war zones for no personal financial compensation. I have no time to waste with computer problems, being that I am 80 years old, support 3rd. world medical doctors about 14 hours per day on my computer when I am not in another country. I reside in the city of Panama, Republic of Panama for security reasons.

My installed platform is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1

Dual core processor memory 4.00 GB Avail., 3.75 GB Free.

ASROCK Motherboard.

HDD Samsung 114 free GB of 148GB

I am an expert in computer security going back to IBM and I have never had one malware, virus, Trojan, worms, spyware, ransom-ware, key-logger, and I install no software with PUP"s embedded. I download all my software and scan with my anti malware, plus Trend Micro House Calls Standalone, plus upload to Virus Total prior to installing any software.

About twelve years ago I purchased from, www.digimindsoft.com Future city 3D Screensaver V. 1.0 and set the software to load in 10 minutes with the music when my computer is performing, say a defrag, of my HDD. The software worked for the past twelve or fourteen years 100% perfect. On 7/26/2018 Microsoft firewall blocked the ability for the software to load in ten minutes. Instead I get "No Signal", or a black screen and have to move my mouse for the computer to go back to the process the computer was performing.

Now here is the very strange part:

I use "User Account Control". I open every software program as "Run As Administrator". My "User Account Control", will ask me if I want this program to make changes to my computer, plus shows the program and verified user publisher. The name shown for in place of Future city 3D Screensaver is replaced with "Windows Host Process (Rundll.32) and the verified publisher is shown as Microsoft, instead of Digital Minds. I have downloaded from the original webpage and installed four times and I still get the incorrect software name and verified publisher.

In all the years I have used computers I have never experienced something this strange that one would make you think there is a ghost in my computer.

Many thanks in advance for any help that Microsoft Community can give. My daily time is very valuable and problems like this only slow down my medical work.

Best regards,

Dr. Hubert Hechabarria

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom