WiFi Internet Speed is slow. I can restore it to very good, but after shut down it becomes as slow as it was before

T

TheCookieCorn

So the problem is that I get 1-6 mbps by Speedtest, but it should be 100 mbps.
I have Asus K501UQ, with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265. After uninstalling the device's driver windows installs the most suitable driver, I connect to my network and get my 100 mbps. BUT when I shut down my laptop it shows me previous 1-6 mbps.

I have the same laptop with the same wireless card and it shows the same results.

Booting with Ubuntu LiveUSB is OK, solid 100 mbps. Then I boot to Windows and it gives me the same solid 100 mbps. But after a while 1-6 mbps.

My iPhone SE always give me 40-50 mbps, in the time when my laptop shows 1-6 and 100 mbps. So I don't think it's the router or provider's issue.

I can't even understand how to google this problem and can't say, whether it's adapter's issue or WIndows. How can I check where the problem goes from? Maybe some tips? It's very annoying.

Quick note: Sometimes, when you go to "update & security" and force to update windows, it downloads something, intalls, then reboots and speed shows you 100 mbps. If that's the problem (that windows is always downloading updates) then why it's doing it every day delaying my workflow?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom