Lock Screen cannot be changed (infinite load), Win10

N

NicoFilippo

After attempting to change the lock-screen to a slide-show or an image, it starts loading but it never ends. The only working images are the default ones.

• I tried several file formats (.png .jpg .jpeg .bmp .gif .webp) with various qualities, resolutions and file-sizes but none work.
  • I had several (4) accounts on my PC before this issue, lock-screen cannot be changed on any of them - one of the accounts had a custom lockscreen and it's still there and working. Attempting to change it will make an infinite load and the image cannot be changed back, must choose a default one (my main account). Any new accounts also have the issue.
  • My Windows version is '1709', according to 'winver'. Home version - just sayng that I cannot access the gpedit.
  • Just in case this information is useful, my computer did not upgrade from Win7 or Win8 (or Win8.1) to Win10, I bought this computer a year ago with Win10.

I tried:

• Command 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'.
  • Command 'chkdsk.exe /f /r'.
  • Removing 'settings.dat' in folder '\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings'.
  • Removing all entries from Registry Editor: 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen'.
  • Creating registry strings: 'LockAppAumId' (value: Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen) & 'TileMigrated' (value: 1)
  • Removing 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData' folder
  • Disabling all apps on lock screen, also disabling the fun facts, tips and tricks.
  • Creating 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization' in Registry Editor (folder did not exist before), than creating 'LockScreenImage' string value (value (this is path to the lockscreen I want): C:\#REDIRECTORY\lockscreen.jpg). Later I also created a DWORD value called 'NoLockScreen' with value 0.

I found these potential solutions on various websites, none worked for me.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom