Bad Graphic Quality / Anti-Aliasing issue / Video+Audio Desync / Playback Issues, and so on.

T

Thejunior

This is my last attempt to get some help or awareness on this issue. For the last 8 months I've been figuring this out and we've reached the conclusion just like many others that this is a windows 10 issue. I'm devastated, sad and frustrated.

Issue:

My guess, is that the AA is messing things up. And the jagged edges + the pixelation that comes with it is visible right from the first wallpaper View: https://imgur.com/a/ncJ8Syl
. Simply put, the video, picture and resolution quality is wrong. That's the main issue. There are others but this is the worst, causing incredible headache (really) and eyestrain making the screen unwatchable. Videos at full screen 23'' inc monitor 1080p, look at maximum between 480-720p, anything moving has a hue or an ''aura'' around them and everything is blurry.

More comparison pics i took from my parents win 7 pc from 2007, and my brand new spanking windows 10 pc. I moved my monitor between them and had the same settings on.

Use Full screen to view images, took them with a Canon camera.

Good (w7): View: https://imgur.com/XtzHWg8
, View: https://imgur.com/V0p9lf1

Bad (w10): View: https://imgur.com/ZgDlikQ
, View: https://imgur.com/ojLAvW8

My Specs:

Now here's the thing, when i upgraded my old pc that simply ran it's course from win 7 to windows 10, I thought the pc was the issue. So I bought a completely new pc and built it myself. Here are the specs for that pc.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

CPU: i5-7600@3.8Ghz no OC

RAM: KHP 16GT (2x8Gt) 3.2k MHz DDR4 Cl16

MB: Asus Prime z270p Intel LGA 1151

PSU: 650w

I tought that i messed something up building it, maybe broke something, so I bought a new prebuilt PC. ( I will list what troubleshooting has been done )

Prebuilt was the same, but with z370 and 1080. I sent it back and told them about the issue and asked them to swap out for AMD processors etc and check it out. They told me back that all the PC's look the same ( the issue is visible ) but it doesn't bother them and it's the best win10 can do

now, f that.

Troubleshooting (what has been done):

- Multiple clean installs with different win10 OS versions, pro, home, education and S

- Let windows install all drivers

- Clean install without internet, manually install all drivers

- DDU, reinstall drivers

- Rollback to different version

- Check all equipment, buy a new pc (twice)

- Check all cables, buy new cables from hdmi 1.2-2.0, to dvi-d, DP and adapters to vga.

- I'm lucky i have friends, I was able to test 5 different GPUs and 4 different monitors.

- 1080p, 2k = same issue. Didn't get my hands on a 4k monitor, but that shouldn't be a requirement for a pleasant view.

- Try different GPU:s, windforce 770, 1050, 1060 6gb, 1080 and amd something.

- Try different monitors, Hp 233 elite display, BenqZ 24 144hz, Predator XB271HUA 27'' 144hz, asus vg 248QE 144hz.

- Use the different DPI and PPI corrections, The program and autorun scripts.

- Try all Chrome://flags settings on and off that people have suggested online

- hardware accelerator

- .exe file full screen optimizations

- Different mouse, keyboard and audio equipment.

- Nvidia driver versions from 360.xx to the one going on currently 1.8.2018

- Flashing bios, updating bios

- Did you check windows display options?

- run a dual monitor setup.

- Make a manual power consumption setup

- Network settings

- All other drivers in general

Conclusion:

I live in Finland, I was lucky enough to have Verkkokauppa.com check my equipment that i bought from there to see that they all function correctly and the pre built PC i bought from jimms.pc and they tell me the same thing. Equipment is fine, drivers are installed properly (i assume) and as soon as you slam windows 10 on your computer, it's broken. As i understand this issue has been going on for a long time? I went to the store and checked, and all win 10 pc's seem to have this issue, so maybe it's some update that has caused this and microsoft could look into it? I check the quality by looking at the wallpaper and a youtube video or Doc's stream for example. It's unwatchable when there is movement.

Microsoft, i hope i provided you with a long enough troubleshoot and clear pictures of the issue. I know you know this issue exists, and all of you out there who have the same issue ( I see you on the internet, you are plenty ), do not lose hope. It's horrible. This 8 months of trying to fix this has been pain, as someone who has always unwound by playing or writing on the computer and not able to do so now is bad.

I've been on a 1080p 60hz monitor for 10 years playing and it's been awesome. As soon as I moved to win10 I noticed this issue, because it hurts physically it's hard to ignore and is unpleasant for the eyes. My friends and people i've brought to see this also notice it and tell me they have the same issue, AA specifically, but only about 30% of them tell me it causes them physical pain like me.

This is as thorough as I can be.

Thanks everyone who helped me troubleshoot and use their gear. I hope this issue becomes visible and those of you who think of migrating to win 10 before 2020, DO NOT. Win 10 is still in alpha - beta.

-Thejunior

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom