Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

A

AlanPredmore

Continual forced updates from version 1607 to 1803 on an Intel X58 based computer causes a shutdown when resuming from sleep.
I'm running 1607 as this is the restore media I have. Have been successful up to version 1703.
After that version updates to 1803 I'll detail what happens.

The computer will go to sleep. when I wake it with keyboard or a mouse movement the PC attempts to start up. After several seconds it shuts off in a power off condition.

I've searched and I'm not the only person having this and other issues. I've attempted to stop the update with methods posted.
Disabling Windows Updates in turn disables Defender signature updates. But you know that.

Furthermore I have a very fast Intel processor based computer which you have obsoleted expensive hardware and I have since installed Ubuntu Linux on.
Bluetooth USB devices, Graphics (video capture and tuner card), and WiFi cards work perfectly with it.
Yet since upgrading from XP to Windows 7 on that very same PC, you have forced me and others to purchase new and expensive hardware.

The current PC ran Windows 7 Professional 64 bit perfectly. I ran it after you got the bugs out of the "free Windows 10 upgrade"
That caused me and many others grief and many hours of file and directory salvage to go back to Windows 7.

MICROSOFT. BILL GATES. PLEASE ADDRESS THE FORCED UPDATE AFTER INSTALLING YOUR DEBUGGED OS.
AS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE MASSIVE AND VARIED DISASTROUS RESULTS WITH DISCOVERING VERSION 1803 HAS UNKNOWING INSTALLED ON THEIR WORKSTATIONS WHICH IN TURN RENDERS THEM UNUSABLE, PLEASE DILIGENTLY FIX THE ISSUES.

I WOULD HATE TO FIND THAT WHAT IS CURRENTLY WORKING GOOD ON A NEW LAPTOP PC (VERSION 1803) YET WILL NOT WORK ON A 3 YEAR OLD DESKTOP WORKSTATION WOULD REQUIRE ME TO PURCHASE NEW EXPENSIVE HARDWARE, LET ALONE THE I.T PROFESSIONALS WHO ALSO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEFECTS.

Until then I hope that Microsoft engineering can get their crap straightened out.
And yes. I have tried every solution given to fix version 1803 bugs. Nothing has worked. And eventually I guess 1803 will work itself back into my PC.
PLEASE PULL IT. IT'S DISASTROUS.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom